Our Typesetting Design
I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding. (1 Corinthians 14: 15)
Our typesetting is designed to provide a score that enables singers to easily sing correctly and with understanding, in minimal rehearsal time.
- Font and font size were chosen for readability with multiple singers per stand
- Linear style – all elements were chosen to keep the eye moving forward through the musical and textual phrase
- Accurate punctuation and sentence case are used to enable easier comprehension of the text
Accurate labeling and attribution
- Composer / arranger / adaptation
- Chant source and tone / special melody
- Text source
- Liturgical usage including dates or seasons that apply
- Labeling of refrains, verses, stichera
- Numbering of verses and stichera
- Copyright notice
- Maximum phrases / staves per page without sacrificing readability.
- Rests have been added before pick-up notes (and syllables) to indicate a breath and proper accentuation of the text.
- Barlines have been added only in pieces that are metrical in nature. In those pieces where the meter shifts, barlines have been placed to assist in proper accentuation of the text and music. Less metrical chants have barlines only between phrases.[/two-column]